Nursery Deputy Manager
Reports to: Nursery Manager
What is the purpose of the job?
To provide support to the Manager ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to the customer, whilst leading the staff in providing a professional and yet caring and nurturing service incorporating teamwork and values into the nursery.
What do you have to achieve?
- To be able to offer support to the Nursery ensuring a good service is provided to our customers.
- Support the Nursery in achieving targets set by the Manager and business.
- Support the Nursery Manager and her team to allow them to achieve high standards of childcare.
- Acting Manager in the absence of the Manager. Logging and raising any concerns with management team.
- Ensuring staff are on time and dressed to nursery expectations.
- Ensuring customer service is to high standards ensuring staff are following nursery procedures and policies.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential staff, children’s and parent’s records.
- Updating projections and liaising with Manager and Directors.
- Ensuring Room Leaders are leading their teams effectively, using time management and leadership skills.
- Ensuring Designated roles are carried out correctly and professionally.
- Liaising with the Management team with general employee administration.
- Ensure staff training is provided with direction from the manager.
- Ensure Room Leaders are supporting their staff with the daily administration duties in the room, checking and correcting where needed.
- General computer use is essential.
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors.
- Communicating pleasantly and effectively in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Working closely with the Nursery Manager and Directors.
- Ensuring staff are carrying out general housekeeping duties, keeping the nursery tidy.
- Any other duties requested by the Manager/Deputy.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be reviewed further to the requirements of the Nursery.
A Level 3 qualification in childcare must be held and experience of working in a nursery is essential. Experience of leading a team is desirable.
The applicant should be hardworking, reliable, enthuastic and passionate about working with children and should have a thorough understanding of the EYFS and Ofsted expectations.
The position is full time- 4 Full days per week Monday – Friday. pay will be discussed at interview.
Benefits can include:
Private Health, Free lunch, Discounted childcare, Employees assisted programme and Pension.
If you think this is what you are looking for and would like to join the Cracker Jacks Team, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is subject to DBS and reference checks.