Reports to: Nursery Manager/Deputy Manager
What is the purpose of the job?
To provide the highest level of service to the customers, ensuring a professional and yet caring and nurturing service is given, incorporating teamwork and values into the nursery.
What do you have to achieve?
- To ensure the children are given a home from home environment, allowing them security and comfort when needed.
- Become a Keyworker to a collection of children, enhancing their development and progression following the EYFS guidelines.
- Support the Room Leader and the nursery in achieving targets set by the Manager and business.
- Support the Room Leader and team to achieve high standards of childcare.
- Follow timetables and room structures ensuring children’s safety is paramount.
- Logging and raising any concerns with management team.
- Ensuring customer service is to high standards ensuring you are following nursery procedures and policies.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential staff, children’s and parent’s records.
- Using your time effectively, being pro-active and working in a team.
- Ensuring parents are updated accordingly and reassuring them when needed.
- Ensuring Daily system updates to parents of their child’s day are carried out efficiently.
- Providing a personal and caring approach to key children and parents.
- Ensuring observations are carried out to track and assess children’s learning development.
- Ensuring daily administration duties in the room are carried out, checking and correcting where needed.
- Ensuring planning is relative to the children and their abilities whilst incorporating EYFS expectations and the characteristics of learning, providing support to their team where needed.
- Bring fun and excitement to every child’s day.
- General computer use is essential.
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors.
- Communicating pleasantly and effectively in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Carrying out general housekeeping duties, keeping the nursery tidy.
- Any other duties requested by the Room Leader/Manager/Deputy.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be reviewed further to the requirements of the Nursery.
The applicant should be hardworking, reliable, confident in leading a team, enthusiastic, fun and passionate about working with children. A Level 2/3 in childcare is desirable but not essential.
The hours are negotiable and pay will be discussed at interview.
Benefits can include:
Private Health, Free lunch, Discounted childcare, Employees assisted programme and Pension.
If you think this is what you are looking for and would like to join the Cracker Jacks Team, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is subject to DBS and reference checks.