NURSERY ROOM LEADER
Reports to: Nursery Manager
What is the purpose of the job?
To provide support to the Manager ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to the customer, whilst leading the staff in providing a professional and yet caring and nurturing service incorporating teamwork and values into the nursery.
What do you have to achieve?
- To be able to offer support to the Nursery ensuring a good service is provided to our customers.
- Support the Nursery in achieving targets set by the Manager and business.
- Support the Nursery Manager and her team to allow them to achieve high standards of childcare.
- Ensuring staff in the room are following timetables and room structures, providing training where needed.
- Logging and raising any concerns with management team.
- Ensuring staff are on time and dressed to nursery expectations.
- Ensuring customer service is to high standards ensuring staff are following nursery procedures and policies.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential staff, children’s and parent’s records.
- Updating projections and liaising with the Manager.
- Leading your team effectively, using time management and leadership skills.
- Ensuring parents are updated accordingly and reassuring them when needed.
- Ensuring Daily system updates to parents of their child’s day are carried out efficiently.
- Ensuring Key workers in the room are providing a personal and caring approach to their key children and parents.
- Liaising with the Management team with general room administration.
- Ensure staff training is provided with direction from the manager.
- Training new staff and mentoring apprentices.
- Ensure Room Leaders are supporting their staff with the daily administration duties in the room, checking and correcting where needed.
- Ensuring planning is relative to the children and their abilities whilst incorporating EYFS expectations and the characteristics of learning, providing support to their team where needed.
- General computer use is essential.
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors.
- Communicating pleasantly and effectively in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Working closely with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager and other Room Leaders.
- Ensuring staff are carrying out general housekeeping duties, keeping the nursery tidy.
- Any other duties requested by the Manager/Deputy.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be reviewed further to the requirements of the Nursery.
A Level 2/3 qualification in childcare must be held and experience of working in a nursery is essential. Experience of leading a team is desirable.
The applicant should be hardworking, reliable, confident in leading a team, enthusiastic, fun and passionate about working with children. They should have a thorough understanding of the EYFS and Ofsted expectations.
The position is full time- 4 Full days per week Monday – Friday. pay will be discussed at interview.
Benefits can include:
Private Health, Free lunch, Discounted childcare, Employees assisted programme and Pension.
If you think this is what you are looking for and would like to join the Cracker Jacks Team, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will only be confirmed if a satisfactory enhanced disclosure is obtained from the DBS, supported by references.